April 28, 2011

Who Am I?


I was so excited to acquire this blog from Abbie last Saturday that I have totally forgotten to introduce myself! My name is Sarah and I am the new owner of The Vintage Moth. Abbie can still be found at Percy and Bloom.

I am currently living in Mesa, AZ. I am thirty-something and live with my boyfriend and our one and a half cats. I say that because one cat (female) stays indoors all of the time and the other (male) spends most of his time outdoors. (He's a stray that I've adopted, taken in to get shots, and feed everyday. Yes, I'm a sucker for stray animals.)

I recently quit my day job working for a city government that I hated to pursue my own businesses.  I have a store on Etsy where I sell 100% wool felt for crafting at Material Evidence Shop. I also have another store on Etsy where I sell vintage clothing at Ninth Avenue Vintage. It will be 2 months on May 4th that I have been self-employed and I love it! I am not making as much as I was working for someone else but the freedom is priceless.

I am excited to share some of my vintage images that I own for you to use in your crafts! If you have used one or more of my images, please send me a pic. I would love to see the completed project!
Anyway, here is today's image:
This was taken out of one of my old Harper's Magazine books from 1860. I bought several of these in February at a giant book sale for $2.00 a piece. I could kick myself for not buying all of them at the time, but I didn't know what I was going to do with them back then.
Now that I have shared a little about me, I would like to know about you! Who are you?

13 comments:

Emily said...

Fabulous picture! I love her dress :-)
I'm Emily and this is my blog http://emilysummers-designer.blogspot.com/
I love any vintage images and I'm currently working on a few DIY pieces-your images may well come in handy!!
Keep up the good work and congratulations on breaking into the world of self-employment! :-)

Sarah said...

Hi Emily!
Thanks for sharing! I love the photos on your blog! The font that you chose is really cute. I've added myself as one of your followers.

The Gossamer Tearoom said...

Hello Sarah!
Thank you for the beautiful image today!
I'm Betty and I have been a huge fan of The Vintage Moth for a long while! My blog is The Gossamer Tearoom. I also have two Etsy shops, The Gossamer Tearoom, where I make handmade items and Mirabella Morello, where I sell vintage items. I have to tell you that I am very encouraged by your story, first that you had the courage to quit a job you did not enjoy and that you had the courage to be self-employed! I am unemployed and my husband and I hope to hbe successful with working for ourselves as well.

Wishing you lots of luck with everything! It's so nice to meet you!

Betty

Jeanie Callaghan said...

Thank you so much-and it's so nice to meet you. Good luck with all of your endeavors.

joanne said...

Welcome! I can't wait to see what you have for us...

Diana said...

Congrats on taking up the torch! We're delighted to 'meet' you and look forward to cool images and whatever else you have to share with us.

Rebeca Trevino said...

hi nice to know a bit about you.
i am kind of new to the vintage moth, but have enjoyed my visits here.

good luck on your new ventures (etsy . . . etcetera)

1 1/2 cats . . . that's pretty funny, i have that many cats also . . .)

canngil said...

Hi and welcome!!
I love clip art, and sort of collect it against the day that I can retire and do crafts full time....

daisy said...

The Vintage Moth is one of my favourite resources. I do not have an income & I craft to keep myself occupied (& sane) so beautiful free images are a real blessing for me.

You can see all the little projects I've made using Abbies images by clicking here.

Wishing you all the best in your new endeavours.

daisy xx

Sarah said...

The Gossamer Tearoom- Hi Betty! Thank you very much! It took me a looooong time to work up the courage to quit. I often compare that job to an abusive relationship. I felt like I needed it but it was slowly killing me inside.
Have you seen this website? www.smartpassiveincome.com It has helped me immensely with the amount of knowledge Pat Flynn gives away for free and I hope it will help you too with your businesses.

Jeanie Callaghan- Thanks very much and thanks for following the blog!

Jojo- Thanks! I hope that you like my vintage images that I have in store.

Diana- Thank you! And I very excited to meet you too!

rebeca trevino- Welcome! Well that makes two of us new to The Vintage Moth.

canngil- I love to collect too! My latest favorites are the Victorian scraps.

daisy- Wow! Great stuff on your blog! I can really see how you have grown and progressed! Keep up with the creating! When I am feeling down, I love to pull out my paintbrushes and just paint whatever I feel at the moment. Thanks for introducing yourself!

Chrystine said...

best of luck with your new endeavors. Love your shops and glad to see The Vintage Moth keep going on!

Tania said...

Hi Sarah, so nice to meet you - thank you for sharing all these wonderful images. I love creating digital collages vintage images and certainly cannot do it without the generosity of people like you! Can I make a suggestion? - it would be great if you could name your images with "vintage moth" in the name, it makes it so much easier to give credit where it is due when I know who's images I've used. Cannot wait to see what you have in store for us - I am of to check out your Etsy shops now. Best regards
Tania

Carmen said...

Hi Sarah! I just looked back at a few posts I missed and found this post. Welcome! I'm so glad you're taking over, as Abbie must be too busy. I love this vintage graphic..so adorable. I look forward to seeing what you bring us. Enjoy your self employed freedom! =)